Embraced by the gentle slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the campus of Appalachian State University, Boone is a real downtown experience - a community with heart, focused on its economic, social, and environmental impact and dedicated to the enriching experiences of art, history, music, food, and shopping.
Click here to download a map of Downtown Boone!
Downtown Boone First Friday is September 4th from 6 - 8:30 pm. Enjoy music at the Jones House Community Center followed by First Friday in downtown. Visit the shops, galleries, and restaurants for art receptions, complimentary refreshments, live entertainment, and free art demonstrations. Here's a list of events happening this First Friday:
- The Jones House Community Center located on W. King St. will be hosting a reception for the Visions of Peace exhibit. The Visions of Peace exhibit showcases a variety of local artists and students who have created their interpretations and impressions about Peace. The Jones House will also be hosting the ASU Resound Launch Party. Resound is a new student-based online magazine devoted to connecting students, musicians, and venues to invigorate campus culture and facilitate a dialog of music culture. Art Reception 6:00 - 8:00 pm and the Resound Launch Party 7:00 - 10:00 pm.
- Canvas Beauty Bar on Howard St. will have a pop up jewelry shop for Chloe + Isabel. They will also have arbonne products for sale and complementary refreshments.
- Art Mart Academy on W. King St. will be doing the Paint Your Own Mini Canvas for free.
- Old World Gallery on W. King St. will be hosting a reception for a group of tremendously talented, local artists; Wes Waugh (watercolors), Jane Miller (oil portraits), Gail Champion (watercolors), and Gaines Kiker (silversmith). Complimentary refreshments will be served.
- Lost Province Brewing Co. on Depot St. features Friday at 5 with a special keg of Pacific Jade Dry Hopped IPA. Live Music starts at 8 pm with the Fat Face Band. The Fat Face Band, a trio from Charlotte, NC, blends styles and sounds from New Orleans, traditional Americana, alongside jazz standards, original compositions, and avant-grade. Great beer, food, and entertainment. Come on back Saturday to watch the ASU and Howard U game on the Big Screen. Live Music with the Blue Ribbon Healers starts Saturday at 8 pm.
- Mast General Store on W. King and Depot St. will be holding their annual Tent Sale starting Friday afternoon and running through Labor Day weekend with a special preview night during First Friday beginning at 5 pm.
- Anna Banana's on W. King St. will holding a Blow Out Sale starting Friday and running through Sunday. To celebrate First Friday Anna Banana's will serve free wine and food from the Local with free henna, face painting, and many more surprises.
- The Local on Howard St. will have live music with the Lowcounts starting at 10:30. No Cover! The Lowcounts are a Blue Collar Rock and Band. Come on down to Howard St. and enjoy the delicious food, drinks, and live music at the Local.
Welcome football fans to downtown Boone! We hope that before and after the game you'll visit our unique shops and boutiques, enjoy our delicious restaurants showcasing local food, wine, and beer, and learn more about the wide variety of professional services and businesses downtown Boone. Check out our Game Day page for more information about upcoming football games. Click here for the complete 2015 ASU football schedule.
A downtown StoryWalk is once again coming to downtown Boone for the fall season. This year's book is Count Down to Fall, a wonderfully illustrated counting book suitable for children of all ages. The downtown StoryWalk starts at the Watauga Co. Library located in downtown Boone at 140 Queen St. and travels down Depot St. and onto King St. This is a family friendly activity that offers participates a chance to enjoy downtown Boone, share a story with the family, and get some exercise at the same time. The Story Walk® Project was first created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg Hubbard Library.
The downtown Boone BOO! is Friday, October 30th starting at 4:00 pm at the Watauga Co. Library. Enjoy a free magic show and arts & crafts at the library followed by a quick "parade" to the Jones House for a silly and spooky haunted house tour with lots of tricks and treats. Enjoy trick-or-treating with the downtown merchants 5: 00 - 6:00 pm.